Friday, February 26, 2010

Panhead that I built.


just got some new pics of this bike from my friend Tigor...he's the one who snapped it.
This is the Panhead that I built for my good friend Desu.
took me about a year to built this bike.
We love the frame so much so we decided to polished it, and from there we found that the old 1948 frame need a lot of work.
but its not everyday we work on a complete Panhead.
so after hundreds hours of welding, grinding, polishing, dremmeling etc...
we got a bottle neck frame that smooth as a baby's butt.
after that we thought, why not we chrome the frame?
even we were sure that its gonna be hard to choose the right color for this bike.


I really like the art deco style on the headlight...I think its an Electroline from the 20's.

The seat is the first color that I have, from there I kept searching for the right color for the gas tank and the fender.
because its got many aluminum color on this bike...I had to mix the paint so its not too over done.
yeah,metal flake with pinstripe just wont go with this bike.
after about twenty something choices...finally I decided champagne thin line and Candy Brandy Burgundy wine.
but it has to go with the leather color.

I modified the Radir hubcap for the gascap.
just to matched the Radir wheels that we use with Firestone tire.

the Engine...
its an Original matching number 1948 Panhead Motor that I rebuilt.
With Morris Magneto and L series Carburetor and CCE finned rocker boxes.
I use the Beehive oil filter for the oil tank and another ribbed oil cooler for the reservoir.
I use sprocket brake for Jakarta's traffic with a help from Duo Glide Master Cylinder.
the foot control...I use the pipe that supposed to be used for Mechanical Drum brake as a mount.
and then I made a pair of vintage style levers for brake and the foot clutch.

More details soon!!